Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kim kim is offline

Default Word 2007 - Page Break Before

Thanks, Suzanne. Yes, I mean Page Break Before NOT a manual page break.
When I say that the Page Break Before codes disappear, I mean the black dot
to the left that represents a setting applied to the paragraph/style ceases
to function.

Any help would be great.

Kim.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What do you mean by "Page Break Before codes"? "Page break before" is a
setting applied to paragraphs and styles. It does not produce a line labeled
"Page Break" as a manual page break does; instead you see just the ordinary
dotted line, and these are displayed (in Draft view) only when nonprinting
characters are displayed. They're never shown in Print Layout view because
instead you see the header, footer, and grey space between pages.

http://word.mvps.org

"Kim" wrote in message
Yes, I'm in Print Layout and white space is not hidden.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you in Print Layout view? Do you have "white space" hidden?

http://word.mvps.org

"Kim" wrote in message
My company has just switched over to Office 2007. One issue that came
light this morning is that if a document has Page Break Before codes to
force
new pages, the document appears fine if you've got Show/Hide turned on.
If
Show/Hide is turned off, then the Page Break Before codes seem to
disappear
and the pages appear overlapped.

Specifically, my document has pages 2, 3 and 4 set with Page Break
Before
codes and all four pages show (overlapped) on page 1 when I turn off
Show/Hide.

Is there a setting that needs to be turned on to make the document
appear
correct regardless whether Show/Hide is on or off?

.

.