Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default Can't highlight text with mouse

I just switched to Word as part of Office (from Lotus Word Pro), and I can't
use the mouse or the touchpad in a document to highlight text or insert the
cursor into any part of the text. I also can't use the mouse when making
replies in Outlook, unless I turn off using Word for Outlook.

The mouse and touchpad both work in the Word toolbar and Word Help. It
works in Word Pro and in other Office products like Excel and Publisher. The
mouse also works in the same version of Word on someone else's computer in my
office.

I have a new HP laptop and Office is newly installed . . it did not come
with the laptop.

I assume that it may be a setting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.