Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
That70sHeidi2 That70sHeidi2 is offline

Default Less than helpful, guys

I'd like to bring this up again and remind people that sometimes we ARE
working on Government documents. Not a big help to limit our level numbering.

And it's actually pretty easy to understand when you realize your
correspondence and or Requests for Additional Information have to refer to
the specifications in Section 2.5.1.1.4.6.2.1.2.1. Or to the government
regulations cited in that Section. It's actually really handy to have so many
levels, and I honestly can't believe that they would limit such a thing when
it'd probably be easier NOT to limit how many levels a user can create.

Because our TOC only is required to show to four places, I will number these
manually and hope that no one rearranges or deletes any Level 10 or Level 12
items. I've now wasted an HOUR on this problem.

"F. James Little" wrote:

Is there any way to add more levels to a outline numbered list?