Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mm in Oklahoma mm in Oklahoma is offline

Default Word 2003 Abnormal Program Termination

When I start up Microsoft Office Word 2003, I periodically get an error
message that says abnormal program termination. I am given the options of
ignore, retry or terminate. If I hit retry 3 or 4 times, I can usually
continue but then I lose the ability to paste information into the document.
Selecting ignore ends the application and terminate (or end) ends the program
as well. This has been a problem since last fall. I have researched the
problem in the past without success. The research generally suggests that an
upgrade of software somewhere is impacting Word but I can't narrow the
software down due the time lapse. My general search also indicates that
many people are experiencing similar problems all starting in the same
timeframe and continuing to now. Since I use Word for classes and outlines,
I need it to work. The error also sometimes occurs during use of the Word
and abnormal ends the program then and there.