Stephanie Smith

Default Avery 5266 template

I'm running Word XP on a machine with Windows 2000. I'm trying to print
multiple pages of labels using the Avery 5266 template (it's a file folder
label with a colored bar at the top). In this label format, the vertical
pitch is greater than the label height, to compensate for the colored bar at
the top of each label on which you don't want to print. The first page of my
labels works just fine; however, on the second page and all subsequent pages,
Word seems to be changing the label height to match the vertical pitch, which
means that I'm losing that bit of space that prevents printing on the colored
bar at the top of each label. I've tried creating a custom label format for
these, just to see if I could make it work that way, and I get the same
problem. Does Word just not deal well with multiple pages of labels for
which the label height and vertical pitch don't match? Is it worth fighting
the computer on this one, or should I just give up now and create my labels
one page at a time?

Thanks!