Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default How do you get rid of paragraph symbols in a word document?

What you're referring to are non-printing characters. Just click the pilcrow
(paragraph symbol) on your toolbar. Go to Tools|Options|View and deselect
the options under Formatting marks.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"ksexyman" wrote:

I don't know what buttons I pushed to make this happen, but now whenever I
press the return button in a word document the "paragraph symbol" shows up.
Also, instead of spaces between words, a dash appears. How do I get rid of
this and get back to what I call normal format? Please Help!