Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken S. Ken S. is offline

Default Keeping Formatting When Deleting a Section Break?

The response by Microsoft to simply indicate that "the behavior of Word 2003
hasn't changed" is well...very, very stupid indeed. The obvious response to
a customer using one's product is to give them clear and concises
instructions on how to solve their problem. But Microsoft failed to
understand this and instead simply indicated that the behavior of Word 2003
has not changed! Daaa! How 'bout providing a an answer to actual help the
person. Here I am with the same problem: I can't figure out how to delete a
section but still keep the format of the "preceding" section. There is no
help or instructions rendered by Microsoft in this regard. That reallly
sucks!! And so does Suzanne's response!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This behavior has not changed in Word 2003. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

"Kate Stiteler" Kate wrote in message
First, let me say that I hate Microsoft Word 2003. It seems like they have
really made it less user friendly.

I use a lot of Section Breaks when drafting reports. Generally I have page

1
with one header and footer, which I end with a continuous section break,
followed by subsequent pages with no header and page number footers. I

then
will use a page section break, and start the process again with a

different
header.

Well, I now find that when I delete a continuous section break to insert

it
elsewhere, the page section break above it is ALSO deleted, and then
impossible to put back in. This annoying fluke is the bane of my

existence.
Any help?