Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mroqueta mroqueta is offline

Default Word 2007 Table how insert table header row

Thank you, Suzanne. That was a very clever solution! This is an APA
dissertation and they are sticklers for having everything perfect. I really
appreciate it.

Regards,

Mildred

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't think I or anyone else has ever actually written an article about
this, though perhaps I should. It's a fairly simple idea, though, that
really doesn't deserve a whole Web page:

1. Put the whole caption, including the "continued" notice, in the first row
and mark it as a heading row.

2. Insert a text box or AutoShape (no line, white fill) to just cover the
"continued" notice. Make sure that this shape is anchored in a non-heading
row so it won't repeat.

This is, of course, more complex than the above might suggest. If you use
the form "(continued)" or "--continued" after the full caption, you can just
about manage it (easier with parentheses than a dash). But if you want to
repeat just the table number (without the actual title) and the continued
notice, this won't work.

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
If you need to repeat the table caption too, place it in the top row of
the
table-with "(continued) included. Select both rows and click the Repeat
header row button. One of Suzanne's wonderful pages describes how to use
text box to hide the first instance of "(continued)". Let's hope she comes
back to tell you where it is.

PamC

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Format the first row of the table as desired. Select it. On the Layout tab
of the Table Tools, click Repeat Header Rows.

Note: Once again MS has made the label of this option extremely
misleading.
Neither this label nor "Heading Rows Repeat" on the Table menu of Word
2003
is anywhere near as easy to understand as whatever it was in some previous
versions (I forget the wording) that made it clear the the option was to
would make more sense.

I'm creating an APA document with a table that breaks across several
pages. I
[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

How can I go about this in Word 2007? Your help is appreciated.