Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gil5563 Gil5563 is offline

Default UK Datefield in Excel reverts to US format when mail merging Word

Have had excel and word 2003 installed on my PC at my place of work. Do a lot
of mailmerges.
Everything OK except when I mail merge using a date field in the SS (not
using the "today's date" update on word, - which works fine) which reverses
my UK date to US date i.e 24/02/2010 to 02/24/2010. The date appears
normally in the excel spreadsheet - until it is merged. I have tried re
formatting the cells and I have checked all the settings and they appear to
be set for English Uk - so I don't know what else to do!!

Any ideas please?