Greg Maxey

Lee Ann,

See the section on updating fields at:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word_Fields.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
For some helpful tips using Word.

Lee Ann wrote:
I just got upgraded to Word 2003 at work. I have a standard document
that I use with fields in the headers and footers. In Word 2000, to
update all the headers and footers, I could just SaveClose and
Reopen and they would all be udpated. It seems in 2003 this is not
the case. I've looked at the Help and the only thing I can find is an
option to automatically update all fields prior to printing. I don't
always want to print to update my fields though. Any thoughts on how
I can do this without having to click thru each footer in each
section and hitting F9??