Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Top posting in MS Newsgroups

Hi Paul,

Here's a reply for you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
OK Graham, I think I've got it set up so that my messages, and those
replies to my threads, are flagged and colored blue in OE. It would be
nice if I coudl get a reply or two, to test this out and make sure.

Thanks for the tip. Reading (or should I say, trying to read) the messages
via the microsoft.com site viewer was getting real old.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Because the issue of top vs. bottom posting can provoke heated
discussion, I started to post something yesterday and then thought better
of it. But I also prefer top-posting for the reasons Graham mentioned.
Yes, it is illogical and does make reading more difficult for people who
come to the thread late, but for those who are following it actively, it
is far more efficient.

Not only do I hate to scroll to the bottom of a long thread only to read
"Thanks!" but occasionally I scroll to the bottom and don't seem to find
any new content; this illusion is caused by the fact that the poster
added his message within the area of quoted material (blank lines) set
off by characters, making it appear to be part of the previous message.

http://word.mvps.org

"Paul" wrote in message
I hate not being able to edit your posts..... I meant the reverse of what
just posted. I can happily top-post if that's acceptable...I just
figured
that bottom-posting was netiquette...ok over and out.
--
Paul
Top-posting but still confused

"