Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Section Page Numbers (Fields) - 2007

On the Header & Footer Tools Design tab, locate the Header & Footer group.
Click on the Page Number button and choose Format Page Numbers... In the
Page Number Format dialog, choose "Start at 1."

http://word.mvps.org

"Sue C" wrote in message
I have a document which is split into 2 sections.

Each section has a footer which shows various wording incorporating 'Page
of y', which I've set up using fields.

y is the total number of pages in that section, and I would like x to be
the
page number in relation to that section, as opposed to in relation to the
whole document. That is, the first page of section 2 should read 'page 1
of
15', not page 20 of 15 (because section 1 has 19 pages).

The footers aren't linked, but I still can't find a way of resetting the
numbering with each section. Can anyone help?

Thanks.