Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default How to change the default numbered list format

Somehow, the default format for numbered lists (the ones I get by
clicking on the numbered list icon) on my machine has gotten changed
so that they are aligned .25" and then indented .5".

I would like the numbers flush left (aligned 0.0") and the text
indented .25".

Every time I start a new document and click on the numbered list icon,
I get a list that is indented too much. I click on Format | Bullets
and Numbering... and fix it, which works for that document, but the
next time I start a new document, it's wrong again.

I tried editing normal.dot and changing the numbered lists and saving,
but it's still wrong.

It used to work. How can I get it back?

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000