Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alma_gimpy[_2_] alma_gimpy[_2_] is offline

Default group autoshape & text

I think I am on the right track, however, I do not have the option to set
either the vertical nor the horizontal positioning to the paragraph. I have
the options of "page, top margin, bottom margin, left indent, right indent,
etc." Is the option "paragraph" not avaliable because I do not know what
"anchor the group objects" means and therefore didn't do that step? Also,
once we work this out and I do have the option of "paragraph", will that be
definite enough because I have multiple text boxes in one paragraph, so
really, I need them to be relative in a more line specific way. Is that
possible, or will it not matter?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Be sure to anchor the grouped objects to the relevant paragraph, and then,
in the Advanced Layout dialog box, set the vertical position relative to the
paragraph.

To access the dialog box, click Text Wrapping (in the Arrange group on the
context ribbon), and then click More Layout Options.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"alma_gimpy" wrote in message
I am new to Word 2007 and would like to know if it is possible to group
shapes to text? In my document, I have made text boxes with arrows
pointing
to lines in the text (to be seen as notes.) I can group the textbox and
the
arrow shape of course, however, if I add any new lines into the text of
the
document, this pushes the other lines down, but not the autoshapes. Then
the
shape no longer corresponds to the correct line and I have to go through
the
whole document, physically nudging each shape down to the correct line. I
also cannot move a line of text in the document without leaving it's
bulleted
shape behind. I was wondering if I could somehow link these autoshapes
that
I have created to individual lines of text so that when I alter the
document,
they stay with the correct line.