Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gotta question gotta question is offline

Default Protect Document

Not sure about the mail merge thing, but it could be that you're in design
mode still. If you see the little blue triangle ruler kind of icon at in the
toolbar anywhere, click on it and see if that changes things. I've run across
that so many times, but just recently found out about that little button!
LOL!!

"Smudge" wrote:

Hi everyone,

Trying to use Protect Document on the Tools menu. The pane comes up but is
all greyed out. Is it because my doc is a mail merge?

Cheers
--
Smudge