Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Is it ok to print a Word document from a USB flash drive?

Sun, 25 Mar 2007 08:37:34 -0400 from Larry :
Based on what is said in the groups, that it is not safe to work on a
document on a removable medium, but that we should copy the document to the
hard disk and work on it there, I suppose the answer to my question will be
no. But I just wanted to be sure.

First, you absolutely *can* print a document from a flash drive.
Either open it and print it, or right-click on it in Explorer and
select Print.

Second, I don't know what's up with that "not safe". Editing a
document on a floppy or a removable USB drive is no more or less safe
than editing it on your computer's hard drive. There's the obvious
caveat: you have to keep track of where the removable medium is, but
other than that...

http://OakRoadSystems.com/