zSplash

I think I should have referred to "formfields" instead of "textboxes" in my
first post.

So, I use mailmerge to get fields from a data source. Then, once the
mailmerge has completed, I want to be able to manually fill-in fields
(i.e., formfields). Other than using "fill-in" fields (whose clunky
boxes are nerve-wracking), how can I incorporate
formfields in a mailmerge?

That is, in a regular document, I'd put in formfields, and then protect the
document. As the user tabs through the document, he can enter whatever
he wants in the formfields.

I have coded to do this using bookmarks, but is there something better?

TIA