Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Wrong page size on new documents

Are you seeing these dimensions as a Custom size on the Paper tab of Page
Setup, or are you judging from the ruler in Print Layout view? If the
latter, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

"Chilscout" wrote in message
Running Word 2007 on XP machine.

When I start a new document, Word sets it to the wrong size. For example,
document set as A4 stes to a size of 27cm x 21cm. Similar things happen
when
A3 is selected and even when a custome size is set to A4 dimensions.

When I open normal.dotm it works fine.

It is as if Word is opening a different template to when it opens first
time, when ctrl-N is used or when opening NEWBlank Document from the
Office
menu.

This is a recent phenomenon. but I cannot pin it down to being caused by
one
particular event, I am afraid.

Short of reinstalling, which I don't really want to do as I would have to
do
the entire Office suite and not just Word, does anyone have any
answers/thoughts?