Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default corrupt index

If your index entries (XE fields) are displayed when you generate the index,
this will throw the pagination off. Be sure to hide Hidden text before
updating the INDEX field.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
Working in Word 2002 I believe I have a corrupt index.

The code to recreate the index is correct but when I update I get
different results. Sometimes the indexed word is listed as being at page
463 and when re-updating it is at 467! Many of the entries point to the
correct page, others are off by one or more pages. I've checked the
marking fields and they are correct.

I cannot tell you how many times I've tried recreating the index and now
have hit the point that maybe I should just type out the index corrections
manually.

Is a corrupted index tool something that happens in Word 2002? Can this
be resolved by less drastic measures?

Help! Thanks.

Jeff