Margaret Aldis

You don't say what version of Word. Probably Word 2002, where the revisions
redesign makes it very easy to track changes accidentally, and leave them
lurking unseen. If so, use the Reviewing toolbar:

1. Turn off "Track Changes" (toggle button")

2. Accept All Changes In Document (menu item on dropdown menu (arrow button)
beside the "Accept Change" button)

For Word 2000 and before, you need to use the Tools Track Changes menu.
Highlight Changes ... to turn off tracking and Accept or Reject Changes ...
to Accept your changes.

Note that hiding the markup on your computer does *not* remove the tracked
changes and they will be available to your recipient - you must accept (or
reject) changes to "clean" the document.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"doncalarco" wrote in message
I have done some extensive editing to a word document. Now
whenever I send it to someone by email it opens with all
the "mark-up" showing.

I don't know how to eliminate all the markup and get a
clean document.

Please help, I am looking like a fool!