Mark B

In Word mailmerge, you can create a "Directory" as output. "Catalogue" is
the term used in older versions of Word for the same thing.

Thank you Peter! Maybe you can explain the rest of this to me...

"You will need to create a separate Directory-type mail merge main document"

I am using 2003, so I assume this is how the first sentence should read. Is
there some documentation as to what a Directory-type mail merge main document
actually is?

"... which creates a word document containing a table in each row of which
would be data from the data source that contains the email address in the
first column and the Drive:\Path\Filename of each attachment in the second
and any subsequent columns, one attachment per cell."

If I am understanding this correctly, even though doug says he can't explain
thsi any better, the directory-type thing above creates a table with the
email address and the specific attachment. If so, my question is, can't I
just have this ready to go in excel? Or am I totally confused...