Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default New Word Document entry missing from Windows File menu

Try re-registering Word. Click Start - Run - and type winword.exe /r

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"David H." wrote in message
After upgrading from Office 2000 to Office 2007 on Windows XP, I have one
small but annoying symptom: In Windows Explorer, File | New allows me to
create a new "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet" or even a new "Microsoft
Office Access 2007 Database", but there is no entry shown for a new
"Microsoft Office Word Document". It's just missing from the menu, and
also
from the Context menu that pops up when I right-click in My Documents or
other folder.
I have repaired Office. I have compared my registry entry
(HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.docx\Word.Document.12\ShellNew ) with the entry in a
similar computer that works properly, and the entries are identical.
What else can I do?