HERE'S THE SOLUTION HERE'S THE SOLUTION is offline
Junior Member

Arrow

I THINK I HAVE THE SOLUTION. After spending hours (more than I care to admit) researching the same problem, I've come back here to share a SOLUTION WITH OTHERS who are having this problem so that your life is easier:

HERE'S THE PROBLEM AGAIN: "WORD IS MISSING FROM THE CONTEXT "NEW" MENU"

HERE'S THE SOLUTION THAT WORKED FO ME:

1. Do NOT go to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.doc\ShellNew]

INSTEAD, go to:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dot\ShellNew]

2. Expand that .dot

3. You'll see several files. Look for something like "Word.Template.8" (or similar may work for you, don't know yet).

4. Expand that Word.Template.8

5. You'll see "ShellNew" beneath that.

6. Open ShellNew and then on the RIGHT side, that's where you want to put your new string. Call it "Nullfile" and don't do anything to it.

NOW, after refreshing/restarting, YOU SHOULD NOW SEE "Word" in your CONTEXT MENU NEW options.

Hope this solution helps as many as possible.