Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Windbag Windbag is offline

Default Word2007 not showing font right. CorelX3 does. New Vista machi

I am listening, but it seems I am not understanding.

You say "Whether other applications can use the font is irrelevant."
Why?

You also say:
"Word can only use fonts that the active printer driver is capable of
printing."

If it prints the font from other MSOffice2007 applications, in what way is
it not "capable" of printing the font?

If Excel and Powerpoint, which use the same driver, can
understand/display/print the font right, why can't/doesn't Word? More
importantly, what in earth is user supposed to do about it?
I'm using the updated Vista driver from Xerox, and if it works in the likes
if Excel2007, they are hardly likely to shoulder the "issue", as there is a
reasonable case to say there is nothing fundamentally wrong with their
driver, nor, presumably, the font.

If I didn't have a printer at all (yes, I know some are built in to Vista)
would Word refuse to show any new fonts at all?

Without a handle on what the problem is, Word2007 is, for me, fundamentally
flawed at the moment.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You are not listening!

This has nothing whatsoever to do with your printer. It has everything to do
with the way Word addresses printer drivers.
Word can only use fonts that the active printer driver is capable of
printing. Word interrogates the driver far more closely than other
applications. Whether other applications can use the font is irrelevant. The
issue concerns not the printer but the *driver*!!!