Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frank[_6_] Frank[_6_] is offline

Default Comment balloons during mouse-over

Screentips seems to work for comments on my Word 2003...

On Jun 18, 1:37*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
If you have balloons disabled and ScreenTips enabled (Tools | Options |
View), you should be seeing the popups (even if you have balloons enabled,
you should see popups in Normal view).

There is a bug in Word 2002 that causes footnote ScreenTips not to be
displayed; see "WD2002: Footnote ScreenTip May Not Be Displayed" athttp://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318865. I don't know whether the same
would affect comments or not, but I think the bug was fixed in Word 2003, so
it shouldn't be an issue in any case.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Paul" wrote in message

In Word 2003, when I hover the mouse pointer above a comment, a
temporary balloon should pop up revealing what the comment is. *Or so
I seem to recall. I'm trying to get that functionality back, since I'm
trying to maximum document viewing space by deliberately turned off
review markups normally shown in the right margin, and I've turned off
the reviewing pane. Is there a switch buried deep in the bowels of the
menu system for getting back the temporary hover bubbles?