Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How to turn capital letters into lower case without retyping the w

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:29:01 -0700, Typing lazy Typing
wrote:

Someone showed me last week how to do this by highlighting the word and using
some keystrokes, but I forgot what they were. I thought it was with Format
Painter, but I do not seem to be working it correctly. Any pointers?

No, it isn't Format Painter -- not even close.

The Change Case command has a shortcut, Shift+F3. Three presses of it
cycle through the variations of all caps, all lower case, and
capitalize each word.

In Word 2003 and earlier, the Change Case command is on the Format
menu. In Word 2007 and 2010, there's a button for it in the Font group
of the Home ribbon. If you use the menu/button, there's an additional
choice, sentence case, that capitalizes only the first word of the
selection.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman