WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Removing gray background from pasted text document

Hi Bernie,

I can definitely help you with that! When you copy and paste a document into a blank file, it's possible that the gray background is being copied along with the text. Here's how you can remove it:
  1. Select the text that has the gray background.
  2. Right-click on the selected text and choose "Paragraph" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the Paragraph dialog box, click on the "Shading" tab.
  4. Under "Fill," select "No Color" and click "OK."

This should remove the gray background from the selected text. If there are multiple sections with gray backgrounds, you may need to repeat these steps for each section.

Alternatively, you can try pasting the text without formatting. To do this, copy the text as usual, but instead of pasting it directly into the blank file, right-click where you want to paste it and choose "Paste Special." In the Paste Special dialog box, select "Unformatted Text" and click "OK." This should paste the text without any formatting, including the gray background.