Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Diane Diane is offline

Default Margins Appear in Normal Layout??

XP Pro/Word 2003 - A user of mine has a problem whereby the left and right
margins are shown as a "gray" area when in normal view. The gray areas are
1" each which corresponds to his margin settings. He claims this just
changed recentely. I opened normal.dot, made sure the view was set to normal
and saved it. The same issue occurred. Can someone advise if this is the
appropriate way to set the default view? I thought it was, and have seen web
articles that suggest using this method but it is not working in this case.

Thanks for your help.