A form should always be saved as a template. If you want some information
provided in the form to begin with, it should not be in form fields; it
should be static text (that is, you should replace the form field with plain
text). Users create a new document based on the form template and fill in
the variable fields.

"L. Oliver" wrote in message
I made a copy and protected the form, but now my the data I had entered in

my
grey fields disapeared.

Our customer sent us 1 form called QBS, I copied the form and made a QBS
for each of our products so that our guys don' t have to enter the product
name or dimension. All they have to do is enter the dates, etc.

But after protecting the form the data that I had entered (like our name,
product name and dimensions disappears)
thanks for getting me this far.
Laura (from Birmingham)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The answer here is the same as to the duplicate question you posted in

other
NGs: form fields don't work until the document is protected for forms.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"L. Oliver" wrote in message
customer emailed us a WORD form that we use for each one of their

jobs.
The
form is 5 pages long and we only needed the first 3 pages.
For months I thought the document was password protected. But later I

found
that while protected, there was no password, so I unprotected it and

took
the
last 2 pages off.

Before I could tab between the predefined grey fields, but now when I

push
tab, instead of going to the next field, the cursor bounces somewhere

else.
I am hopping it is as simple as setting a defualt somewhere. Any and

all
help appreciate.

WORD 97
--