Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Default why does my cursor start at the bottom?

Ray:

I don't know what to tell you. There's something amiss with your page
layout. The right margin message may or may not be related to the Vertical
Alignment selection. Word may simply be detecting the margin setting error
because you're attempting to update the page layout in the first place.

If you want to return to the "out-of-the-box" settings, you could locate and
rename your Normal.dot file to Normaldot.backup (or just delete the file, if
you don't need to save any customizations) and let Word recreate Normal.dot
when you start and end your next session.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000