Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tednov tednov is offline

Default Template troubles

Jezebel wrote:
Could you explain what you mean by "template that points to various
letterheads"? -- Are these letterheads separate documents, and if so, what
does the 'points to' entail?

However, the short answer is, if the changes are not showing up, then the
template you changed is not the template that you are using. Check
scrupulously the locations in which your templates are stored (local folder?
workgroup folder?).

We have a custom toolbar/templates that points to all of our letterheads
which are separate documents.

All the custom templates reside locally under C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP.

However, I'm starting to think that this particular template might be
making a call to AD as the full name of the staff members shows up in
toolbar/template but only the login name shows up in the VB macro/template.

"tednov" wrote in message
Greetings!

I have a custom default company template that points to various
letterheads pertaining to the staff. I had some staff changes and
modified the default template to reflect those staff changes. However,
when in Word none of the new name revisions show up. It's almost like
Word doesn't see the changes in the custom default template or Word is not
Anyone know if/what steps I might be overlooking?