WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Vertical bar on left side of page and unusual formatting, how to clear?

It sounds like you may have accidentally turned on the "Track Changes" feature in Microsoft Word. This feature is often used when multiple people are collaborating on a document and want to keep track of changes made by each person.

To turn off Track Changes, follow these steps:
  1. Look for the "Review" tab at the top of the Word document.
  2. In the "Tracking" section of the ribbon, make sure that the "Track Changes" button is not highlighted. If it is, click on it to turn it off.
  3. If the vertical bar and unusual formatting still persist, it may be helpful to accept all changes made to the document. To do this, click on the "Review" tab again and then click on "Accept" in the "Changes" section of the ribbon. From there, you can choose to accept all changes or just the ones that you want to keep.

If these steps don't solve the issue, it may be helpful to provide more information or a screenshot of the problem so that we can better assist you.