Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Default ABC order last names on list where last names are last

Do the list in a 2-column table and sort it on surname (2nd column). Then
select the table and from the Table menu select Convert Table to Text. This
will give you a list with a tab character between the two names. Do a Search
and Replace the tab character from the Special list with a space (just type a
space in the replace box). Does this solve your problem?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Anne" wrote:

I have a list of 100 names I need to put in alphabetical order. I need the
list to be first then last name but in ABC order by last name.