Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Default Left align last line in justified paragraph

You need to hit Enter at the end of that text. Likely, you only have a line
break. Turn on your show/hide button:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
You'll like see an arrow that points down then left. That's a line break,
which will NOT take on paragraph formatting. It'll instead try to stretch
the line across the page.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Brendan Koop" Brendan wrote in message
sI cannot get the last line in a justified paragraph to align to the left.
have seen a number of posts that say to use CNTRL + J to justify and CNTRL
+
SHIFT + J to distribute, but that does NOT fix the problem. The former
keeps
the last line justified (separated by words) and the latter does also
(each
letter is separated). I just want the words in the last line to align to
the
left.

Pushing ENTER on my numeric keypad does work, but there has got to be an
easier way to ensure I don't have to keep doing that.