Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LyndieBee LyndieBee is offline

Default Email Merge with Attachment

For my test file, it is a one-liner attachment with only one section. Do I
need section break at the end of the text?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Have you activated the Express Click Yes utility?

What you see in the Visual Basic Editor after pressing Ctrl-Break, doesn't
really mean anything is wrong with that section of the code.

In the letter that you are trying to email with the attachments, how many
Sections are there?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LyndieBee" wrote in message
I'm using the directions from Doug Robbins "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" article. I've done the prep, created the directory merge
with
email addresses and document names. I've created the letter merge to a
new
document and run the macro. Every thing seems to work correctly at the
start--I get the "Enter the subject..." and the rest of the preliminary
stuff. Then it starts to do it's work and I answer Yes to "A program is
trying to automatically send e-mail..." for the 3 addresses in my sample
list. But at this point it seems to hang and I continue getting this
Information box for Document 4, Document 5, Document 6, etc. until I
Ctrl-Break to stop the process. When I look at the macro contents it
points
to this section:
End With
Set oItem = Nothing
ActiveDocument.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges
Counter = Counter + 1
Wend
Any ideas about what my problem is and how I can correct it? I'm so close
and yet so far away.
Thanks,
Lyndie