Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Auto text date.

Word 2003: Click Insert | AutoText | AutoText. Check the "Show AutoComplete
suggestions" box.

Word 2007: Press Alt+F11 to display the Visual Basic Editor. Activate the
Immediate window by pressing Ctrl+G. Type

Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = True

and press Enter.

Note that the feature may still not work correctly, even if it has been
properly activated. According to MVP Beth Melton:

*******************
AutoComplete for dates has been a bit flakey for several versions. What I
have found is once you complete the month, press the Spacebar, Backspace,
then press the Spacebar again and you should see the suggestion to complete
the current date.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RHellams" wrote in message
When I begin typing the name of the month, I should be able to enter the
date
by pressing enter. This feature has stopped working, How may I correct
this
error?