Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default Excel tables in Word

Hi Frustrated,

If I understand your problem correctly, I seems you want to link two or more embedded Excel Workbooks. To do that, basically all one
needs to do is to:
.. activate the source worksheet
.. copy the source cell
.. close the source worksheet
.. activate the target worksheet
.. use Edit|Paste Special, click on 'Link' and choose the Excel file format.
This is best done after the document has been saved with the required name and in the required folder - otherwise the link may fail.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Frustrated" wrote in message ...
Using formula in Word is not an option cause people in a hurry forget to
update total when they have made a change. So right now using Excel tables
throughout the document where the user inputs the values and it sums for
them. However, I haven't figured out yet have to have each total
automatically update specific cell in the summary page Excel spreadsheet.
Any ideas?