Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Auto complete tip of the auto text does not show up.

Insert Quickparts

JJS wrote:
Where is the equivalent of AutoText in Word 2007? I cannot find it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The AutoComplete tip displays when you have typed enough letters of
the entry name (minimum four) to uniquely identify the AutoText
entry. If two entries begin with the same first four letters, you'll
need to type five or more until you have typed a unique series.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Alexander." wrote in message
I am using office 97 word and whenever I type words in the auto
text it does not pop up as tip such that I can press enter to have
the word in the document. I went to the tools, auto correct and in
the auto text tab I selected the show tip box and pressed enter, It
still does not indicate the tip when typing the words from this
feature. Help on this subject will be greatly appreciated. I am
using windows XP as my operating system, if this information will
help in diagnosing the problem.