Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Table form-how to keep boxes same size when entering text

On Sun, 17 May 2009 09:02:15 -0700, Nursinginstructor01
wrote:

I have a 2007 Word doc form that has a table. I have text boxes for text to
be added. When the text is written the box size changes, and the form
changes. How can i prevent this from happening?

There are two settings you need.

Select the table first. On the Table Tools Layout tab of the ribbon, click the
AutoFit button and choose Fixed Column Width.

With the table still selected, click the Properties button on the same ribbon
tab, click the Row tab of the dialog, check the Specify height button, set a
measurement (say. 0.2"), and change the dropdown from "At least" to "Exactly".

If someone types more into a field in the table than will fit, the overflow will
simply disappear. It will still be there, and can be retrieved by a macro or a
REF field, but it won't display or print.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman