Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Noel Noel is offline

Default I want to insert an excel document into a word document.

When we insert an excel spreadsheet as an icon into a word document, then
click on the icon to open, it doesn't let us open it. It just moves the icon
around. Is there something we are doing wrong?

Thanks

"dawn_michele" wrote:

In versions previous to Word 2003, you could insert a document into a Word
document. It would show up as an icon within the Word document and act as a
link, but the user would not need access to the original location of the
file. Essentially, it save a file within a file, so when you clicked on the
icon, it would open the document in another window.

I need to know if this is still possible in 2003.