Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Convert tabs to spaces

The number of spaces are going to vary depending on your font and font size.
Plain text tables *never* look as pretty as a table with formatting.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Dion Starfire" wrote in message
Is there a way to convert a tab into however many spaces are needed to
reach
the next tab stop?

I'm trying to convert an html table to a plain text file. Some of the
cells
contain multiple lines. Currently, I copy into word, convert the table to
tab-delimited text, then save as plain text. However, this destroys the
column alignment, and messes up the multi-line 'cells'.

If there's not a built in function for this, how could I write a macro to
do
this? (I'm at the 'dabbler' proficiency level, but am very good at using
the
built-in help system).