Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Header & Footer in templates???

Hi William

William Stokes wrote:
I have ran to a strange behaviour with Word 2002 document templates. I
created a new template. Added header and footer to it. Both the header and
footer contain an image with company logos & info. Everything seems ok.

Anything "dynamic" in your header (except a PAGE field, that is), like
STYLEREF?

BUT when I paste a longish text (approx. 20 pages) from another Word
dokument to my new template my header and footer are only shown in the last
8 pages. Why is this? Any idea?

Most likely explanation is that you managed to include a section break
in the content you copied. Headers and footers are section properties,
and when you bring in a new one, you usually bring with you its H&F.

Try pasting section wise w/o section breaks (this means also w/o the
final paragraph of a document).

HTH
Robert
--