Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DianaHolmes DianaHolmes is offline

Default Can I set word count to not count words with three letters les

It is not that we can not use them. She just will not count then as part of
the 500.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not without a macro, no. But this is a ridiculous stipulation. No one in the
real world counts words that way. It suggests that your instructor wants you
to avoid plain speaking and clarity (using honest Anglo-Saxon words) fill
your paper with obfuscatory fifty-cent Latin derivatives. It might be an
interesting challenge to write a paper that didn't *contain* any words of
three letters or fewer. g

"DianaHolmes" wrote in message
I have a paper to write for my Comp class. She will not count words with 3
letters or less. I need to write a 500 word paper. I need to know if there

is
a way to set word count to not count words with less then 4 letters.