Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BJ BJ is offline

Default Microsoft Word printing problems

I have tried reinstalling the driver but to no avail.

BJ
"BJ" wrote:

When I try to print from Word, I get the message "The printer has not yet
responded but the program may be able to proceed without printer information
Do you want to continue to wait for the printer?" If I select yes it hangs,
No gives me a print screen without the default printer and recycles the
process if the default is selected. I am running XP SP2 with MS Office
Professional 2003. Printer is a Dell 3000CN on parallel port. Computer
prints from all other Office applications except Word. I can print from my
other printer via network.

I have updated printer drivers and firmware for the printer and reinstalled
MS Word from scratch. Now at the buffers.

Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone help?