Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CarlSprake CarlSprake is offline

Default Show / Hide table of figures etc

I am trying to create a range of templates for our company to use for
documents such as reports. Some of these will contain tables, figures and
appendices. These templates should be as user friendly as possible. So I was
wondering if it is possible to set the template up in such a way that it
automatically inserts a table of figures, table of tables etc, but only when
one exists.

That is if the document does not contain any figures the template will not
create a table of figures.

Was hoping that some had already been faced with this and come up with a
solution.

Thanks for your help

Carl