Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RichZep RichZep is offline

Default Page numbers & footers in 2007

Hi again Cindy,
I have just found the automatic filename. It is in Quick Parts which is in
the insert section. It has page numbering here as well and when used the
other text does not disappear. BUT I am unable an option for X of Y, which is
the one I want.

Thanks again.

"RichZep" wrote:

Hi Cindy,
On the ribbon, I select the Insert tab and then click on Footer icon. From
the menu I select Blank (three columns). I also note here that there are
options for 1 or 3, not 2? I click on the left €˜placeholder and type my
name. Then I click on the middle one and type again. All ok so far. On the
right I want page numbering. On the ribbon (the design tab is active) I click
on the Page Number Icon in the Header and Footer section. From the menu I
select bottom of page, scroll down to x of y and select Bold Numbers 3. The
page numbering goes in but the other text disappears.

In the same vein, maybe you can also tell me how to put in an automatic file
name as I cant find that either.

Thanks for your time and help.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?UmljaFplcA==?=,

I wish to put in three seperate pieces of info in a footer. such as

My Name Handout name
Page X of Y

I can put in the first 2 but when I insert a page number the text
disappears.

Could you please list the EXACT actions you perform up to the point where the
"text disappears"? (By this, I assume you mean "My Name Handout name Page")

In previous versions of Word there was a tool bar with a drop
down menu where you could also add the file name. Where is this in 2007?

Insert/Quick Parts/Field, look for the field FileName

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)