Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JulieSan JulieSan is offline

Default Word 2007 - Connect/Merge multiple docs to 1

You're a definite MVP! Thanks Dawn, this worked perfectly!

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote:

Insert Object is correct. However you need to click the tab to the back -
Create from File. And place a checkmark in Link to file.

To update your links. Select the Office button, Prepare, Edit Links to
Files. Or you can just click on each of your fields and press F9 to update
them.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"JulieSan" wrote in message
I'd like to have 18 main documents (all different authors) that I can merge
into one parent document. Whenever one of the main docs is updated I want
the
content updated automatically in the parent document (when opened). I've
tried the "Insert Object text file" function but it doesn't "connect"
the
two docs so that changes made to main doc1 update in the parent. Any
suggestions? It's like I want the old "paste-link" function from Excel..