Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Moving from Word 2003 to 2007

The article, though old, is generally applicable to all Word versions. As
noted, if you are installing over 2003, your settings will be preserved in
2007. For information about the Save My Settings Wizard in Word 2003, see
"Description and use of the Save My Settings Wizard" at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826809. Note, however, that the wizard is
primarily intended to restore Word 2003 settings to a fresh install of Word
2003, not 2007. Also note the caveats about it in the previously referenced
article.

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in message
Hi, two questions if I may. That link does not mention either Word 2003 or
2007? Do those older versions apply here?

And I do not see a save my settings option in the Office 2007 set
anywhere,
in the tools? Does that exist to move 2003 settings to 2007? thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For a general article, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm. But if you're
installing 2007 over 2003, Word will preserve your settings.

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in message
Is there a MVP guide somewhere that explains how I can move my settings
and
autocorrect, etc, features from 2003 to 2007 the quickest way. I want
2007
have what I have built up for 2003 , thanks, Joe