Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nico Nico is offline

Default opening word 2003 all the time

Hi,

i found this on the internet.

1. In Windows Explorer, navigate to a file of the type you want to associate
(in this case a .doc file).
2. Click on its icon once to select it.
3. While holding the shift key down, right click on the icon. (Note: Holding
the Shift key down is not necessary in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.)
4. In the pop-up menu, choose Open With... A box will open asking you to
choose a program to open that file type. If you have a lot of software
installed it could take a few moments for this box to appear.
5. Pick a program from the list.
6. If the program you need isn't in the list, choose [other] to navigate to
another EXE file on your hard drive.
7. If you always want that program to open these types of files, put a
checkmark in the box that says: Always use this program to open files of this
type.

I hope this will help you.

"word 2003?" wrote:

Doing a team project and a team member sent me a doc using 2007. I have word
2003 and when I open it, it opens word 2007 and asking for a serial code. I
decilne it but now it evertime I open a word doc it will now open as a 2007
version asking for the serial code. How do I change it back so when I click
on a doc it opens 2003 version?