Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fc fc is offline

Default number/bullet list style scheme problem from Word 2003 to Word 200

I have a Word 2003 template with build-in and customized styles included
paragraph, character, linked style, list/outline style and some macros. The
template works well in 2003 to create a document with all the customized
styles shown. However, when the template opens in Word 2007, (right click on
the .dot file), I have one pop up message that Word detects errors in the
file and able to repair with a list of numbered styles. However, I lost my
entire customized numbered and bullets list scheme.

In 2007, when I use my mouse hover the style pane on these specific numbered
or bullets list styles, I don't see any numbering scheme. However, in 2003, I
can see the scheme on each customized numbered or bullets style. I also use
build-in headings for my TOC, these works fine in both cases.

I tried open the .dot file in any way in 2007, but gotten the same result.
The scheme is just dont carry over. Also, when I export and import the
customized list style in 2003 from one template to another one in 2003, the
scheme also doesn't carry over.

I'm lost and cannot figure out why. I created my list styles according to
Shauna Kelly link.

Is it somewhere in the registry I can copy the setting from 2003 into 2007?
Or where did I go wrong? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.